Michael C. Riddle
Michael C. Riddle began his practice of law as a gift and estate tax attorney for the Internal Revenue Service. He graduated from the University of Houston Law School in 1972 and in 1991 became Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Estate Planning and Probate. Mike Riddle has been a guest speaker for the White House Conference on Aging and he spoke before the International Association of Financial Planners in Washington, D.C. He has been guest speaker for 30 years on Christian radio station KHCB 105.7. He is the Managing Partner of Riddle & Butts, LLP and has been practicing law in Harris County and surrounding counties for almost 40 years. He served as the Parliamentarian and Chair of the Finance Committee of the Harris County Republican Party. Mike has three grown children and lives in the Tomball area. He is a member of Champion Forest Baptist Church, where he serves as a Sunday school teacher. Mike is married to Texas State representative Debbie Riddle.
Honors and Awards
- Five Star Rating Martindale Hubble
- Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People (2007, 2008, 2009) as published by H Texas Magazine
- Houston’s Top Lawyers (2007, 2008, 2009) as published by H Texas Magazine
- Estate of Dailey v. Commissioner, 82 T.C.M. 710 (U.S.Tax Ct.2001).
- Estate of Smith v. Commissioner, 198 F.3d 515 (5th Cir. 1999), rev’g, 108 T.C. 412 (1997)
Presentations and Published Works
- “Beneficiary Designations: Has Your World Changed in the Past Five Years?” Presented by the 24th Annual Wills and Probate Institute, South Texas College of Law, September 24-25, 2009
- “Using Revocable Trusts as Estate Planning Tools,” Sponsored by Lorman Education Services, December 2, 2008
- “Use of Living Trusts and Powers of Attorney as Estate Planning Tools,” On file with Riddle, Butts & Akiens, LLP
- “Intestacy and Closing the Estate,” Sponsored by National Business Institute, July 17, 2008
Frequent guest on the Christian Home Show on KHCB (http://www.khcb.org/)
- “Tax Exempt Organizations in Texas,” Sponsored by Lorman Education Services, February 13, 2007
- “The Future of Family Limited Partnerships in Estate Planning,” Presented to the American Women’s Society of CPA’s, February 4, 2006
- “Choosing a Business Entity in Texas with an Eye Toward Succession Planning,” Presented to the Attorneys in Tax and Probate, May 4, 2004
- “Choice of Business Entity in Texas,” Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, Volume 4, 2004
- “Choice of Business Entity in Texas,” Presented at the 2003 Accounting Expo Sponsored by the TSCPA Foundation, April 22, 2003
We are available to help . . .